Sunday, February 21, 2010

As an admitted work-alcoholic every Sunday evening I get completely overwhelmed with the innumerable items that I was unable to accomplish over the weekend. I become so anxious to get back to work in the morning - that I have trouble concentrating and find it hard to even get adequate amount and quality of sleep. A recurring thought runs through my head that if I had just not done this or that I would be caught up and ready to start the week ahead.

I must say that things are much better now that I work just one job. I can put my all into it and have the chance to outdo my own expectations. For someone that takes such pride and life-value from my work - I wish that I would get more satisfaction for completing what do - rather than always rushing on to the next thing.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you do get intensely into your job! Seems like you spend all your time away from work.... working! I'm sure you're a valued employee but make sure and take time out from work to enjoy other things in life. For me, there has to be a balance of work and leisure time. I need some recoup time after I've worked hard on something or else I get burned out. I also really get lonely if Kris occupied with other things too much, makes me cranky : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi has a blog?! I cant see hers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way with sleep. I have an over-active mentality, makes it really hard to fall asleep..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA POST MORE!

    ReplyDelete